- Reconcile my checking account (I received my statement on Saturday)
- Run to the market and pick up one or two things for dinner
- Call Verizon & find out what they charge for Long Distance (I'm with AT&T and am pretty much getting ripped off at the moment)
- Wash clothes
- Pack for Iowa
- Run to the office to pick up a notebook I need
- Work on my federal tax return (joy!)
- Clean out my briefcase & pack (my work) laptop
- Find pictures for the clock/photo frame thing I bought at the Christmas Tree Shoppe
- Clean off my desk here at home
Now some folks might be daunted by having a list on a day of supposed leisure, but not me. In my mind, I always feel worse when I have a day where I don't feel like I got much done. I like the notion that I can get some things accomplished, as the alternative...just sitting around...seems to me to be a waste of time and of life. You only get so much time on this planet after all, so I at least try to use it wisely.
Speaking of time, I do hate the time I spend sleeping. Last night was no exception. Despite the two allergy pills I took before going to bed (I was sneezing a lot yesterday), I still didn't sleep well. Falling to sleep isn't the problem...it's staying asleep. Anyway, I did get up relatively late for me, which was around 7:45am. Sleeping sucks. While in Iowa I'll probably sleep horribly as well, given that the beds at the hotel I stay at (a Holiday Inn...only because it is across the street form the office) are notorious for being about as comfortable as the slaps in a mortuary.
Well I had best get to that list. Time is money, or something like that.
Oh, one final note: I added an extra "widget" (or whatever they are called) onto the page, including what many would consider an incredibly "gay" ABBA song player.