Not Cease from Exploration

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Comments Made in Response to Gort42's Posting, Donald Trump

You can read Gort's terrific posting on Donald Trump HERE.

Being someone to never miss an opportunity to re-purpose content, below you can find my reply to the posting.

Before that though, a two thoughts.

First, Donald Trump is a cartoon character; he might as well be one of the residents of South Park squawking about "There took our jobs".



Second, he appeals to the worst instincts and emotions in folks.  Compassion seems like an alien concept to Donald Trump.  He teaches that money equates to success.  He is arrogant and misogynistic.  He's the last thing the GOP needs running for President and would be a disaster if selected as the GOP nominee.

Anyway, here's my comment.

* * * * * *

Good post Gort.

As noted by a fellow GOP candidate back in 2013, the GOP needs to "...stop being the stupid party...". Trump's mission seems to be make sure "stupid" stays firmly entrenched in the GOP lexicon.

For example, do these folks who support Trump REALLY want to live in a country where you have federals hunting down 11 million illegals? Hell, in that scenario, how many times will Lou Barletta (and other sufficiently ethnic looking folks) be asked to produce "papers"? It's yet another example of a 1000% angry emotional appeal, common sense be damned, from a man who probably only laughs when he makes fun of older women. I don't even like Carly Fiorina and I was repulsed when I heard Trump mocking how she looks. 

My guess is that at some point these same angry supporters will be done with Trump. Anger seldom has a long shelf life. Like kids on Christmas morning, they will eventually tire of playing with the same Trump toy, and they'll find another. By then though, the damage will be done. Trump is a walking misogyny machine...couple that with his cheesing off 98% of thinking Hispanics (the remaining 2% includes Rafael Cruz and Marco Rubio...and perhaps a few that work construction for Trump) and you have the makings of a GOP disaster. The "high information" GOP folks (i.e. George Will, Charles Krauthammer and others) have already figured that one out...hence the almost daily stream of Trump attacks.

The truly sad part? Hillary Clinton could very well be damaged goods in 2016 and Bernie Sanders is simply too far left to win a general election. The GOP should have a decent shot at this election, but Trump seems to be doing his best to make sure that never happens.

Maybe this is an example of Big Dan's infamous "false flag" operations, political style.

Anyway, rant concluded. 

- Steve

1 comment:

Gort said...

Anger can go a long way