- It's clearly way too flat to actually be Scranton.
- No office chatter about the loons that spoke at the last city council meeting.
- No reference to a location being "up da line" or "down da line".
- The men always tuck their shirts in (this is a dead give-away).
- It would actually be nearly impossible to drive your car into the real Lake Scranton (and if you did, I think the EPA would end up getting involved).
- No office political loud-mouth parroting what he just heard Rush Limbaugh say.
- Angela clearly isn't Catholic.
- People in this area drink their booze in the woods, a beer garden or at home, not on Lake Wallenpaupack.
- Mose would be in a group home instead on working on the beet farm.
- If it really was filmed in Scranton, malcontents in Wilkes-Boro would be complaining about it (and would not doubt try and get their Congressman to have the location changed to somewhere in Wilkes-Boro, you know, like Nannicoke or Plimmit).
Saturday, October 8, 2011
10 Clues that "The Office" Really Doesn't Take Place In Scranton
In no particular order, for no particular reason: