I don't watch all that much TV, so when I do find something of interest I sometimes get fully immersed. And so it is with the show "House Hunters International" which I have watched far too much of a weekend or two ago.
The net product of all this TV learning?
- Every apartment in Europe looks like it has been furnished by IKEA. All of them.
- Foreign bathrooms can have some complex looking toilets.
- European men have a thing for blonde American women. They must...that's all the show features.
- Every real estate agent in Europe speaks English very well...better, in fact, than the average Scrantonian.
- Never be shocked where you can hide a bedroom.
- Boho is alive and well.
- Parents who have grown children living in Europe regularly fly out to see their children. For the record I couldn't get my mother to drive down to York to see me when I got out of college.
...jammed into Ms Rivers' Toyota Camry...
...into a functional, all be it modern, home office.
That's not to say though that I'd like an entire IKEA furnished apartment, although again that seems to be the norm across the Atlantic.