I don't watch all that much TV, so when I do find something of interest I sometimes get fully immersed. And so it is with the show "House Hunters International" which I have watched far too much of a weekend or two ago.
The net product of all this TV learning?
- Every apartment in Europe looks like it has been furnished by IKEA. All of them.
- Foreign bathrooms can have some complex looking toilets.
- European men have a thing for blonde American women. They must...that's all the show features.
- Every real estate agent in Europe speaks English very well...better, in fact, than the average Scrantonian.
- Never be shocked where you can hide a bedroom.
- Boho is alive and well.
- Parents who have grown children living in Europe regularly fly out to see their children. For the record I couldn't get my mother to drive down to York to see me when I got out of college.
...jammed into Ms Rivers' Toyota Camry...
...into a functional, all be it modern, home office.
That's not to say though that I'd like an entire IKEA furnished apartment, although again that seems to be the norm across the Atlantic.
Post a Comment