- Repeatedly re-log into the hospital's visitor wireless Internet service. For the record, there are probably Albanians in this hospital at this very moment mocking the poor the Internet service.
- Wondering at what level the consumption of Diet Pepsi becomes toxic.
- Just for the hell of it re-organize your Evernote notebooks.
- When done re-organizing your Evernote notebooks discover that you can email a note to someone else.
- Look at other hospital visitors and wonder how many of them might be foreign spies.
- See the backpack clad University of Pennsylvania students and then take a look at your own backpack.
- See #6 and realize that, at age 49, you are pretty damn lame.
- Remember just how very much you HATE watching Jeopardy.
- Contemplate the about of "suck" that will exist as you consider the drive back to Scranton at 11pm.
- Remember how truly blessed you are that: you have an employer that allows you the flexibility to spend the day in Philadelphia, you have co-workers emailing you offering you thoughts and prayers, you have loved ones who repeatedly text you to find out how things are going (thank you Ms Rivers!), and you are the one in the visitor's waiting...not the operating...room.
Search This Blog
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
10 Things to do in a hospital as you wait, and wait, and wait.
As I sit here at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center in lovely downtown Philadelphia, I'm pondering just how I spent the last 8 hours. Oh, and with the prospect of a few more hours to go. Anyway, here's my list: