Feds want two years in prison for Mellow
Let's not forget that there are many complicit in Bob Mellow's actions:
- A political class in NEPA that gleefully kissed Mellow's rear-end at every turn; please, someone dig up a few photos of our NEPA mayors, council members and legislators skipping the light fandango with Bob at his (in)famous Montage Mountain gigs.
- Non-profit institutions that padded Mellow's ego at every opportunity in exchange for OUR money; as I noted in an older post, the "Mellow Theater" should be named the "Taxpayer Theater", as we...not Bob Mellow...paid for it.
- A lazy electorate in NEPA.
- A culture in NEPA that encouraged and rewarded corruption through naked indifference. For years local newspapers more or less turned a blind eye to Bob Mellow; it was only after he started serving on local Boards of Directors that they began to take notice. Speaking of Boards of Directors...
- A Pennsylvania legislature existing in an ethical Dark Age, where a senator can sit on the boards of institutions he could, in fact, play a role in regulating.
Search this blog for the key words "Bob Mellow" and see just what I mean.
Two years? Is that a fair sentence? In my estimation no, but at this stage the mere fact that he is facing sentencing is something of a victory.
Since Senator Mellow was such a member of the "In" Crowd in NEPA, it seems only fitting to offer the following pre-sentencing dedication: