- I am not trying any new vegetables in 2019. I tried a brussel sprout in 2012, which was more than enough. For the record, after a single (disgusting) bite I basically swallowed the offending dwarf-cabbage whole. Needless to say, there have been no repeats.
- I am not staying current with the news. At best I'll be a day or two behind. Let's face it: The country is in the toilet anyway at the moment, so the old saying is actually true: No news really is good news.
- I am not learning any new languages. I'll stick with my pig-Spanglish, thank you very bien.
- I am not committing to a regular blog posting schedule. For the record, I am barely getting this one out.
- I am not getting any new cats in 2019. I wish I was, but I'm not. This in spite of the fact that most cats and dogs are better than most people.
- I am not committing to reading more fiction. I'm sorry if that makes me look like an uneducated cro-mag to all you fiction readers and writers out there, but that's just how I roll. I will be reading more books though in 2019 (I've already finished two this year).
- I am not starting my Ph.D. My academic career is over. One soon-to-be doctor in the family is enough.
- I am not committing to getting more sleep. I probably should, which is a fact, but my mind just doesn't seem to allow such things. I still have trouble falling asleep sometimes, in spite of having enough medication in me to tranquilize a rhino.
- I am not contributing to any political campaigns. Sorry, but not in 2019. We'll see about 2020 (or when this guy runs again).
- I am not listening to any new music in 2019. I don't care how enthusiastic some family members are for, example, the Mountain Goats. I'll stick with the 60's + 70's, with a bit of Duran Duran or maybe the Fixx thrown in for good measure.
Sunday, January 13, 2019
New Year's 2019 Un-Resolutions
A short list of things I will strive to NOT do/accomplish in 2019.