(from THIS page)
Ever have a stretch of time when you feel as if you're being pulled in several directions? Of course you have, as we all have. Hence today's guilt posting.
Well the guilt part centers around the fact that I feel somewhat guilty when I don't post anything for a while. No, that has nothing to do with "readers" or stuff like that; heck, while I'm glad people read this stuff, I do this stuff for me. But, in the best Catholic of traditions, I do feel guilty that I'm not as disciplined about writing as I should be.
Anyway, so this is the "guilt salve" posting.
I do have a reasons for not writing as much.
- I've got a ton on stuff going on work, both in terms of products/projects and other things that tend to devour mental and physical energy at a copious rate.
- My Fall I graduate class is ending soon, and I'm busy trying to get a final group project & presentation ready. Fortunately I have great team members to work with on this assignment.
- I haven't been sleeping well, which is normal, but it makes things worse when combined with #1 & #2.
- There is a lot to do around the house to get ready for winter.
- There's just so much going on in the world that sometimes it feels that I can barely keep up with current events.
I know, boo-freak'n-hoo, but the above are the best excuses I have because they happen to be true.
Things are not likely to get better, as I have another graduate class starting right after Fall I ends, and the work stuff will likely more complex. It does make me think about working on those things that I can control, or maybe "attempt" to control, such as getting more sleep. I think it was Poe who referred to sleep as being "little slices of death", and what I wouldn't give for the need not to sleep. Alas, that's a super power I will never have, so I'm left with talking to my doctor during the next regularly scheduled oil change for ideas, suggestions and possibly pharmacology.