- 98% of my stuff has been moved to the thriving town of West Pittston. I do have some stuff still in storage, and on my brother's back porch, but it's not much.
- Both the mental and physical transitions have been hard. I understood going into this that it would be physically difficult, as I did most of the lugging myself, with able assistance from Ms Rivers and her oldest son. Most nights I have gone to bed with legs feeling like limp noodles.
- The mental transition has been interesting. For a few days I still felt, well, homeless. I guess it just takes a while for a place to seem like "home", even if you are there, and even if you own it (well have a mortgage on it). Being surrounded by boxes and clutter is also not good for my mental health. However, slowly but surely the mental transition is coming along.
- Every day that I'm out of Scranton it seems that there is more bad financial news coming out of the city. By the way, it is nothing short of INSANE that the acting chief of police is getting part of the Supreme Court award, but that's another post for another day.
- I really do enjoy my new commute into work. It's the longest commute I've had since about 1988, but I find it relaxing.
- Maybe it's the introvert in me, but when I am shopping in a crowded store, I sometimes have a slight tinge of anxiety. Nothing horrible or mind altering mind you, just enough mental swirling to be noticeable. It goes away as soon as I leave the store, and it's only there when I am shopping alone. I've noticed it before. I will have to explore this further.
- It doesn't feel like Christmas. Not this year. I'll have to be twice as joyful next year to make up for the difference.
- I am working Monday, Tuesday and Thursday this week; from there I'm off until January 2nd. Since there is no shortage of things to do, the time off will be welcome.
Search This Blog
Sunday, December 22, 2013
Grumble, grumble, grumble, hiatus, grumble, grumble, grumble
Despite protests in my head to the contrary, yes indeed I have had something of a blog hiatus over the past week. There has been simply too much to do, and besides, I haven't had home Internet access until yesterday. Just to do a little mental catching up: