Rudy Giuliani has been in the news quite a bit over the past few months, and none of it has been all that flattering. In a way, he’s a modern-day tragic kind of figure: Going from “America’s Mayor” in New York City during 9/11 to now someone more known for outrageous statements to the press and seemingly shady foreign dealings. With that noted, here are some facts about Rudy Giuliani, most of which are actually true.
1. Rudy Giuliani has been married 3 times. If you add his marriage count to that of RushLimbaugh, Newt Gingrich, and Donald Trump, you get a total of 13. This puts him below the average for that list of family values espousing Republicans. Rudy can thank Rush for boosting the average above 3. *
2. Rudy Giuliani’s first wife was his second cousin. *
3. Rudy Giuliani and his first wife did not have children. If they did though, for example, have a male child, that individual would be both Rudy’s son and his cousin. That would make for some confusion at family reunions. “This is my son, I mean my cousin, I mean my cou-son”. *
4. Rudy Giuliani’s favorite television show of all time is All in the Family. **
5. Rudy Giuliani is a cancer survivor. *
6. Rudy Giuliani is rumored to use 23 and Me as a dating app. **
7. Rudy Giuliani could technically be called “Rudy Giuliani, K.B.E.” after receiving an honorary knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II. *
8. Rudy Giuliani is a former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York. *
9. Rudy Giuliani has many detractors, but few doubt how much he loves his family. Especially his cousins. **
10. Rudy Giuliani once said, while defending President Trump, that “facts are in the eye of the beholder”. It’s a good thing that the doctors and scientists who developed his cancer treatment had a differing opinion on the subject of “facts”. *
(*) Actually true; see links for references.
(**) Not actually true, at least as far as I know.