Gays will get married.
What will not be happening?
- That pastor will not be setting himself on fire.
- The federal government will not force priests, ministers, pastors, rabbis or any other religious to marry gay people.
- The federal government will not "go after" the tax-exempt status of churches that disagree with marriage equality.
- Politicians of both parties will not stop using this as a wedge issue for the sole purpose of garnering more political power for themselves.
- Hypocritical bigots like Rush Limbaugh will not shut up.
- ETWN, Ave Maria Radio, the Westboro Baptist Church and the like will not stop continuing to claim that this is an abomination by selectively quoting biblical scripture*.
- No one will go to Canada to escape marriage equality (which has already existed in the Great White North for about a decade already).
- There will not be more gay people, although hopefully more gay people will be comfortable being their authentic selves now.
- No heterosexual couple will have their rights taken away.
- This will not result in people marrying animals, inanimate objects or polygamy.
(*) Refer to THIS posting.