NEPA BlogCon...is coming up, and I am undecided as to whether or not I will attend. I am not sure men are allowed. Oh, and I don't get the whole "squirrel" motif. You can read more HERE. I did find their Manifesto to be interesting though, and I absolutely agree that NEPA is in the technological dark-ages.
Neil Sedaka...Ms Rivers and I attended the Neil Sedaka concert at Misericordia on Friday night. A few observations:
- They guy still, into his 70's, has a great signing voice.
- He can really, really play the piano very well. He was really pounding the keys on some songs.
- It's great to attend a concert where you really know the vast majority of the material. Sedaka is a favorite of my mom, and growing up I heard a lot of it.
- Ms Rivers and I were, by far and a way, the youngest people there. Quite the trick for being 48 (and the young age of Ms Rivers).
- Both the crowd and the venue weren't all that large.
- He didn't play one of my favorite Sedaka songs, The Immigrant. Oh well...here it is, as something of a consolation prize. The song itself was dedicated to the struggles John Lennon encountered in trying to become a permanent U.S. resident during the early/mid 70's.
(The time when strangers were welcome here has, sadly, long passed)
Vacation...This year's vacation was held in Lewes, Delaware (as alluded to in past postings). I had a great time, and it was really nice to be by the ocean but not be subject to the over-the-top commercialization that you find in places like Ocean City and Wildwood. I'm still gunning, eventually, for a small town near the ocean come my retirement years. Taking notes Ms Rivers?
The Rest of the Summer...Summer 2012 seems like it is steam-rolling to a conclusion, whether we like it or not. As for me, we are going to Camel Beach one day in August, but that's pretty much it for the fun stuff. On the work front, I have a trip to Hartford in a week or two, just for the day, and a week long class in Boston towards the end of the month. The latter is something I am really, really looking forward to, as attending it is a great example of strategic action on my part (at least as far it relates to what some laughingly refer to as my career).
Another Blog...I'm considering the purchase of another URL in order to capture and write more professional-related thoughts. I got the idea, in part, from THIS PAGE. I also have something of a desire to expand my presence, if you will, and create a space where I can challenge myself to be more directed and focused when it comes to my professional endeavors. The only thing holding me back really is the fact that having the time to do it might be challenging. Oh well...I can always buy the URL and park it for a while. More to come.